ISO 14001 is an international voluntary standard that specifies the requirements of an environmental management system.
Grassi 1925 obtained this certification in 2008 for its Italian plant in Lonate Pozzolo (click to view the certification), its production plant in Târgu Trotuş in Romania (click to view the certification) and in Librazhd in Albania.
Why is this certification important?
A certified environmental management system allows us to:
- implement environmental-improvement programmes,
- reduce waste (water consumption, energy resources, etc.),
- have a systematic and prearranged approach to environmental emergencies,
- prevent environmental crimes,
- transparently communicate environmental performance.